wiring diagram

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: wiring diagram

Postby grandadbobby » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:41 pm

Hi,
sounds like the pressure switch.
If you're going to hot wire the clutch, use similar wire to what's going to it now and use a fuse.
Bob
ps search on line about by passing 3 wire switch, someone's probably done it.

kush
Currently Drives:: Megane ii 1.6 VVT

Postby kush » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:50 pm

You can only remove that code with a renault clip or a very advanced one, the cheap clips wont be able to read or reset that issue.
I wouldnt suggest you to run the compressor directly from the battery because i am pretty much sure you have the same problem like me, that pressure sensor disables the compressor if you have less ac refrigerant in the system or if someone overfilled it, thats what renault told me.
What i did was, i ordered a pressure sensor on ebay for around $15 i replaced it on my own tried to clear the code with a random obd code reader but it didnt even show it, then i went to an official renault dealer and they plugged it in read for error codes it showed the ac as disabled, they enabled it and it worked like it should after that.

Good luck!

drewster1978
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: renault megan dynamique 2006

Postby drewster1978 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:57 pm

kush wrote:You can only remove that code with a renault clip or a very advanced one, the cheap clips wont be able to read or reset that issue.
I wouldnt suggest you to run the compressor directly from the battery because i am pretty much sure you have the same problem like me, that pressure sensor disables the compressor if you have less ac refrigerant in the system or if someone overfilled it, thats what renault told me.
What i did was, i ordered a pressure sensor on ebay for around $15 i replaced it on my own tried to clear the code with a random obd code reader but it didnt even show it, then i went to an official renault dealer and they plugged it in read for error codes it showed the ac as disabled, they enabled it and it worked like it should after that.

Good luck!

I see so pressure sensor disable the power to the ac so that explains the power issue..So just order new sensor then get that code reset and hopefully get it sorted,many thanks everyone

kush
Currently Drives:: Megane ii 1.6 VVT

Postby kush » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:05 pm

Thats what renault told me and it worked.
How i understand it is if the sensor is working and there is gas leak or overfill it will shut down the power to the compressor so it doesnt cause any damage. But also the other thing is if the sensor itself has an issue or gets broken it gives fake information to the ecu so it shuts down the power because it thinks there is an issue.
Before i replaced the sensor i tried enabling the AC with the renault clip but it didnt allow us, but after i put the new one in place it worked like a charm.
Good luck!

drewster1978
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: renault megan dynamique 2006

Postby drewster1978 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:34 pm

kush wrote:You can only remove that code with a renault clip or a very advanced one, the cheap clips wont be able to read or reset that issue.

Good luck!

just been on youtube and you can reset codes in ecu by disconnecting battery for 3o mins.

scooper1000
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault megane 1.5 DCi Maxim

Postby scooper1000 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:37 pm

You can get away with wiring it direct via a switch of course BUT when you come to lights or stop the revs will drop dramatically because of the compressor working so you will have to stop it working when you stop but should be fine on the motorway for example

Return to “Problems / Questions”