Clutch CSC

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

X30LOO
Currently Drives:: Mk2 megane privilege 1.6 vvt

Clutch CSC

Postby X30LOO » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:59 pm

My car 2005 mk2 CC 1.6 16v has hit 76,000 and its in need of a new clutch.
Problem is on Europarts there is a choice of 2 piece kit or 3 piece.
If I buy the 2 piece then buy the consentric slave cylinder seperately it works out alot cheaper than the 3 piece kit. Only problem is on Europarts there is a 2 hole fitting CSC or a 3 hole fitting CSC.
I have done the obvious and called Europarts to see which CSC comes with the 3 piece and they cant help.
Then I called Renault @ Crewe who coundn’t tell me and Renault at Stoke who said going off the pictures he thinks its the 2 hole fitting.
Anyone fitted their own clutch on a 1.6 16v and can shed some light on the situation.

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Re: Clutch CSC

Postby Phil and Liz » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:27 pm

if you get all the parts from the same supplier and give them your reg number then there should not be a problem with pasrts they supply for you to fit.
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Postby grandadbobby » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:51 pm

Hi,
the Haynes almost useful manual only mentions two bolts to undo.
For peace of mind it would pay you to pick a couple of different makes on Ebay and message the sellers with your reg number.
Try and find 100% ebayers who pay for returns if they get it wrong.
Good luck
Bob.

X30LOO
Currently Drives:: Mk2 megane privilege 1.6 vvt

Postby X30LOO » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:55 pm

Both come up on Europarts as suitable for my car. I’m just going to buy both then return the one that isn’t right.

Another problem the fella who is doing the clutch has is that when he looked it over his said I am missing an engine mount. It never rains it pours!!

Return to “Problems / Questions”