Card reader

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

scooper1000
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault megane 1.5 DCi Maxim

Card reader

Postby scooper1000 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:38 pm

I have just swopped cars i now have a 2006 1.5 dci.. its supposed to have a Keyless Entry System like my last car but this one i have to press the buttons on the remote and actually insert the card in the reader..my question is the card reader at fault or the UCH its so much easier with the Keyless Ststem working. I know its all magic wireless system but where does the signal for the key card come from....thank you

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: Card reader

Postby grandadbobby » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:52 pm

Hi,
only know that yours is like mine and how it should be.
The key less means you open and close remote, when you enter the card and start it is triggered by something in the slot.
With the engine running, if you remove the card, the steering locks, handy in winter sometimes, but l wonder if it would lock if driving and a child pulled the card out.
My son in Australia has the system where the fob only has to be near the car, but l think that's how they are stealing them through relaying the signal from outside your house.
Still can't beat a secret little switch to cut ignition or fuel like in the old days, saved my Transit 4 times.
Bob.

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:07 pm

Bob, think there was a keyless 1.5 dci, might have been the dynamique S, I ONLY HAD A DYNAMIQUE 2004, my 08 dynamique looses the auto wipers and auto lights, to get those i would have needed an S on an 08 plate. So its possible that his may have keyless. Think the system sends a signal from the key when close by and on my mk3 your fingers passed a sensor behind the door handle, both of those allowed the door to open. The keyless ignition must work off a radio signal, do you have a second key fob ? if so does that also have the same problem, if so problem must be in receiver, if not problem is with key, as these are £100 plus coding I would live with it.
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

scooper1000
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault megane 1.5 DCi Maxim

Postby scooper1000 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:35 pm

Yes my other megane a priviledge model the card key only had to be on my person to open the door by brushing on the sensor behind the door handle once inside the car would start and stop on the button and when you leave the car just press the button built into the door handle...my new car does not have the small button to lock the car but it does have the sensor behind the handle..i was wondering if it was the card reader sent out the signal to locate the card key or was it the UCH.?

Return to “Problems / Questions”