Front bearings

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

scooper1000
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault megane 1.5 DCi Maxim

Front bearings

Postby scooper1000 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:55 pm

Hi i have a 2006 1.6 16vvt mk2 megane...occasionally when i brake and turn to the left i get a CHECK ABS WARNING i have sprayed the front sensors with WD40 and it does not happen for a week or so. However now i want to sell the car and a buyer wants to purchase it when the ABS warning reappeared he still wants the car but after its fixed...my local garage says its probably the front bearing which contain the magnetic pick up for the sensor. The bearing it self is making no noise and everything seems ok with it i thought seeing that the sensor does not touch the bearing it could not be that...Am i wrong and could it be the bearing...i have booked it in to the garage on Tuesday hopefully not to expensive..THANKS

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: Front bearings

Postby grandadbobby » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:01 pm

The abs ring nowadays is prone to this, it looks like a plastic ring and does come with the bearing.
I would guess the garage is right and has to be eliminated, after that it would have to be the sensor itself.
As the bearing is quiet it's just bad luck.
Bob.

scooper1000
Pass Plus

Postby scooper1000 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:05 pm

cheers for the reply....i thought quiet bearing all good WRONG i guess, as I have said its booked into garage Tuesday I hope their equipment will tell them which side I obviously will tell them to replace sensor as a matter of course...will keep everybody informed...thanks for your help

scooper1000
Pass Plus

Postby scooper1000 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:16 am

Well i guess i am a lucky boy..the problem was just a front wheel sensor it took the garage a few hours to sort it though twice it was put back on the road only for the ABS Warning light to come back on..but now sorted and i am £70 lighter...car can now get sold so i can buy a diesel model.....

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Postby grandadbobby » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:49 am

All the electronics and this kind of stuff is what can make motoring a nightmare nowadays.
Just an intermittent poor contact or broken wire can cost a lot of time and money.
Glad it's sorted.
Bob.

Return to “Problems / Questions”