Megane Scenic Electronic Fault

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Typos

Megane Scenic Electronic Fault

Postby Typos » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:24 pm

Hello, I have a 2007 Scenic with "electronic fault" displayed on the dash, apart from this and the outside temp displaying temps that are about 50% of the actual outside temp, theres nothing visibly wrong with it.

There are 3 fault codes if the car is plugged in, 2 about TPMS (the car doesnt have it) and one about the cam sensor (theres no EML on), none of these relate to the dash AFAIK.

I ve been trying to sort this for a year, I changed the battery, cleaned the terminals and cleared the fault codes, I removed the fuse box expecting to find water ingress, but as its a later model its as new and totally dry, but nothing works.

I ve read more things about the scenic dash problem than I can remember but I ve not read about anyone with "electronic fault" displayed on its own and no other faults, its always accompanied by other faults so I dont want to spend £120 on fixing the dash if it isnt the problem. I am about to fit a new outside temp sensor but I really dont think that will solve it.

Does any one have any suggestions ?

Thanks.

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: Megane Scenic Electronic Fault

Postby grandadbobby » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:06 pm

Hi,
l suspect it's a slight fault in the interior multiplex module (BCM)
With such complicated electronics l think it's to be expected that perfection is very rare with a car over 10 years old.
Let's face it, you're lucky if all the windows work.
It's a question of asset or liability, when does a car go from an asset to a liability.
As long as my Megane runs well and passes the mot, l will put up with it's little faults (the rear wiper waves goodbye to people when l start the engine) it's minus 46 outside etc and keep my motoring as cheap as possible.
Have known people fall into the money pit too often, once they start spending money it never ends.
I don't have a specific solution for you but maybe just check the contacts at the BCM and give it a tap just in case.
If you do find what it is, please let us know.
Bob.

Typos

Postby Typos » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:14 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Just replaced the exterior temp sensor, now it works, not bad for £9.

Still have the electronic fault though.

These are the fault codes from when I last looked, I think some went after I cleared them.

DF119 Camshaft Signal Sensor
DF098 RHD TPMS Rapid Deflation
DF102 LHD TPMS Rapid Deflation
DF455 Low Fuel Level Signal
DF586 Instrument Panel Injection Information Circuit
153 No ABS Multiplex
DF060 Multiplex Network Error
DF152 Multiplex Network Error

I guess DF586, DF060, DF152 and 153 might relate to BCM probs as you mentioned.

Whereabouts is the BCM ?

alanf
Learner Driver

Postby alanf » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:54 am

Last week my 1.5 megane dci flashed up electronic fault/ steering fault/ hazards on permanently but not flashing, drove ok, switched on and off a few timed now ok, my daughter calls her mystic meg thats for a good reason!

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver

Postby grandadbobby » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:35 am

Hi,
out of all that lot l reckon the dash warning would come from the abs one.
Thing about codes is that they are stored and some are just blips that happened.
When you read the codes, erase them, run engine, then read again to see what is current.
See what you've got now and post again.
Bob.

Typos

Postby Typos » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:04 am

Yes I realise theyre stored.

I ve had this problem for a while, when I last plugged it I took photos of all the codes it was showing then erased them, some came back, some went. I cant actually remember which went and which came back, I just got the codes from those photos, I ll have to plug it in again I guess.

I was ruling out an engine fault and an ABS fault as I d expect the EML and ABS light on if it was engine or ABS related.

I was thinking it was most likely the multiplex or information injection errors.

Where is the BCM ?

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver

Postby grandadbobby » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:20 am

In the Megane it's back of the passenger glove box, guessing yours the same but check out on you tube.
Not easy but try and clean all plugs with contact cleaner. It can be opened to check for damp.
Good luck
Bob.

Return to “Problems / Questions”