megane dynamique 1.9 dci esatte hazzards flashing all time

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

alf1956
Currently Drives:: renault megane diesel estate 55 plate

megane dynamique 1.9 dci esatte hazzards flashing all time

Postby alf1956 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:42 am

Hello fellow members
I have a 1.9dci megane dynamiqe estate "55" reg which has electrical issues as follows, alarm going off randomly which has been on going for a couple of months but now the hazards are on permanently. I have had it to the auto electrician & he has done various checks but has found nothing obvious but he did not go to the alarm which is apparently situated at the rear & is a pain to get to as he had checked the alarm & it did everything it should do. He suggested it may be the body control module but did not take it out as he told me that to check it he would have to send it away to have it checked. I am wondering whether to buy a second hand body control unit as they do not seem too expensive but I presume that they have to be programmed to the car & I am wondering if that is expensive?

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: megane dynamique 1.9 dci esatte hazzards flashing all time

Postby grandadbobby » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:13 am

Hi,
if it were the body control unit ( interior multiplex module ) it can be repaired, I got one fixed on ebay.
Usually though, this kind of problem is often caused by damp in the alarm module, I would look to that first.
Bob.

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:18 am

Had the same problem, disconnected and removed the alarm module inside the nsr panel and not had any problems since. Over 10 years old car who needs an alarm!
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

alf1956
Currently Drives:: renault megane diesel estate 55 plate

Postby alf1956 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:32 pm

Thank you for your replies. I think I will go for the removal of the alarm module first as that is the quickest fix hopefully. Phi l& Liz was it a difficult job to get the alarm module disconnected? I would be grateful if you could give me some info on how to do it please?

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:42 pm

Mine is a 3 door and I remember rightly, fold rear seats down, remove n/s inner trim panel and the alarm unit is mounted in that area.Looks like a small alarm siren from the 80's. Try unplugging the wiring first and see if it cures the problem, if it does either remove the unit and bin it like I did or leave it where it is and put the panel back on. I think I disconnected the battery before removing it but make sure you have your radio code and know how to enter it!
Phil and Liz Jackson

Lanark

Return to “Problems / Questions”