rear abs sensor mount rusted

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

neo123

rear abs sensor mount rusted

Postby neo123 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:09 pm

Hi guys

Recently changed my rear discs and the rear abs mount just perished on one side, ive used some epoxy resin to put it on place but the abs light is still on.

Should that have gone off when i restarted the car?

Or do i need to get it on computer for reset?

thanks

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: rear abs sensor mount rusted

Postby grandadbobby » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:35 pm

Hi,
there's a chance you've disturbed the connector or wiring to the sensor. Check the continuity of the wires each side of the connector.
As you probably know, when switched on, the light shows then goes out once the circuits have been checked.
Good luck
Bob.

neo123

Postby neo123 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:38 pm

grandadbobby wrote:Hi,
there's a chance you've disturbed the connector or wiring to the sensor. Check the continuity of the wires each side of the connector.
As you probably know, when switched on, the light shows then goes out once the circuits have been checked.
Good luck
Bob.

so dont need to reset the abs light its been on for a few days today i have put the resin on?

neo123

Postby neo123 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:58 pm

so the abs resets when the car switched back on, so if the car is stationary the abs sensor connected it shouldnt come on?

when i move it should come?

before the disc change it was fine, the sensor was loose drove it down the road the light came on now its on all the time.

Return to “Problems / Questions”