Manualy wind window back up.

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Everso

Manualy wind window back up.

Postby Everso » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:34 pm

Hi all,

I was sitting in the car today - ignition off just clearing out the centre console when the passanger window went down ... and stopped there. The switches do nothing.

I have got a bag over it for the trip home but was wondering what I do when I get there ... How do I get the window back up so it's secure/dry for tonight.

Everso

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Re: Manualy wind window back up.

Postby Phil and Liz » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:33 pm

remove the speaker and put your hand in, feel the wiring is it loose or wet, wiggle the connections and see if the switches are working again. This is a quick fix, alternative is to remove all panels and check all the wiring/connectors
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

Everso

Postby Everso » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:31 am

Yeha - connections all corroded. It was wet but that could be because the window was down durring the rain we had.

i split the white bit of the motor and got the window back up. I am seriously considering just locking it in place and leaving the window not working ... can't remember the last time wanted to wind it down so not going to kill me. Now all I need to do is get the door panel back on and see many rattles I have coming form there...

Thanks for the advice - it would have been nice if there was not all the corrosion and it had worked :)

Everso.

bloater
Currently Drives:: 1.9 dci dynamique auto

Postby bloater » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:41 pm

I had the same problem with mine and managed to buy a replacement connection on ebay. It was ages ago but think it was only about £15. It was fairly easy to fit too. The only thing as it was a generic part and not a real renault, that particular window no longer closes with the full closure on the remote, other than that it works fine.

have a look here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Mega ... Sw32lYq3Cy

Return to “Problems / Questions”