Check injection

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

RichardWard9
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane DCI1.9 2008 Sedan

Check injection

Postby RichardWard9 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:37 am

Hi, I have a 2008 1.9 DCI Megane. I have recently purchased if from a family who had not been driving it in sometime and it has begun to have issues.
Recently I was having some electronic glitches. It would start first up in the morning with no issue, but then, if I stopped and turned the car off, it would not start, and throw up a "low battery" message. It would be fine after 10Min and 5 re-attempts to start again.

I watched a few youtube videos and have now pulled the fuse boxes out, cleaned or replaced each fuse and put it back in the car. The car ran fine for 2 weeks and then started cutting out while driving. I did have a check injection error in this period but it went away after 2 days. I suspected this error came up as I had put injection cleaner in the tank and after another full tank it cleared it out.

After this I had a full breakdown. The car would start, get about 500m and then the engine would cut. I would have to wait several hours for it to be able to run again. I was getting a glow plug error, and a check injection error. I have now replaced the glow plugs, so every time I try to start the car, it now responds and tries to turn over, but then cuts out. I am still getting the check injection message. I did have a mechanic come and look at it but it didn't throw up any obvious electronic issues on his computer. The messages he did get were not overly specific though the EGR did come up.
Any thoughts on how to get it started? where to look next? cheers, Richard

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: Check injection

Postby grandadbobby » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:06 pm

Hi,
anything electrical would give a fault code.
With no code it's usually fuel related.
If I were you I would change the fuel filter and make sure it's bled properly to eliminate that side of things.
Good luck
Bob.

Return to “Problems / Questions”