Engine cutting out.

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Sarah691
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2004 1.5 DCI

Engine cutting out.

Postby Sarah691 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:25 pm

Had this car for around a month, it is having a problem which twice it has happened over the past 2 weeks to me. I am pulling away and as I bring my foot off the clutch the engine shuts down. I have questioned myself, given it a lot of boot to pull away, questioned my gear I am in and hand break being off, give it enough revs and yet it still does it. Last week I was at rush our and pulled put from a petrol station for the second time it did it I managed to coast it into the side out of the way. I atempyed to drive it again and it repeated. It isn't like stalling when it jults, it just all stitches off. I managed to hold it on the bite and drive it round the bend to pull it in on the straight and off yellow lines. I parked it up and once rush hour was settled I managed to attempt a 3rd time and it started no problem.
I don't want to invest in this too much as iv been in that trap with the last car but if this sounds familiar to anyone else it would be good to hear. We are considering an injector cleaner and fuel filter to see if this would help.

I have been given this car from a family member as a run around unfortunately I am not familiar with the car at all and other than having a copy of the MOT certificates I know very little about this vehicle.

Return to “Problems / Questions”