3 door megane, 2005 seat problem

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Geraldine
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2005

3 door megane, 2005 seat problem

Postby Geraldine » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:16 pm

I have recently acquired this vehicle and have noticed what I can describe as a bracket in the car seat runner. Hope the photograph up loads and makes any sense. I am worried that it is something vital and is going to cause a safety problem. The bracket sometimes disappears. Please help.

Geraldine

Re: 3 door megane, 2005 seat problem

Postby Geraldine » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:10 am

Hello. Does anyone have any information about this?

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:09 am

Is it loose and does it have wiring attached, looks like a micro switch I've seen on mine , im sure it was on the seat base and not on the runner but its been a few months since i swapped my seats for leather ones from a sport coupe, if I get a minute i'll go look at mine
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

Geraldine

Postby Geraldine » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:06 pm

Thanks for your help. It is loose and freely travels within the runner. There are no wires attached. I found it in the runner of the seat, though it could have fallen in there from anywhere! There are times when it disappears, I imagine it gets dragged by the seat as the seat is pushed forwards and backwards. Very worrying as it could be some vital part of the seat locking or airbag system.

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:03 pm

just been out to my car and yes the item you show in the picture is also on mine and it does move freely, sliding the seat does not move the part whatever it is for, its not connected to any wiring. Whether it is part of the seat locking mechanism I dont know, maybe one of the seniors may see this and advise. Certainly nothing to worry about as I still have the original cloth seats that also had the same part as the sports seat currently fitted.
Phil and Liz Jackson

Lanark

Geraldine

Postby Geraldine » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:26 am

Phil and Liz wrote:just been out to my car and yes the item you show in the picture is also on mine and it does move freely, sliding the seat does not move the part whatever it is for, its not connected to any wiring. Whether it is part of the seat locking mechanism I dont know, maybe one of the seniors may see this and advise. Certainly nothing to worry about as I still have the original cloth seats that also had the same part as the sports seat currently fitted.

Thank you. That puts my mind at rest. It would be nice if someone could clarify why mine seems to move at times. Sometimes it stays in place at other times it is dragged away and does not return for a long time. It would also be nice if someone could clarify precisely what this bracket is for.

Return to “Problems / Questions”