autowipers/lights

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

venusbluejeans
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Dynamique 1.6

autowipers/lights

Postby venusbluejeans » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:50 pm

Hiya, I am new to the forum and also new to Renaut ownership.

I recently bought a Megane and it is great, I have fallen in love.... a 2007 dynamique 1.6

I am also new to cars with auto wipers and auto lights

so please forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question..

My Auto lights are activated (I have worked that bit out lol) but seem not to be working...... does the lighting stalk need to be in a particular position for them to work? how do I know if it is working? (I take it the dashboard light comes on??)

The auto wipers also don't seem to be working. is there any button that turns them on/off? is there a setting on the stalk?

sorry, just asking the obvious questions before assuming the sensor isn't working

thanks so much
Emma

scooper1000
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault megane 1.5 DCi Maxim

Re: autowipers/lights

Postby scooper1000 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:50 pm

You must turn your lights on while the engine is running most people i know just leave them on side lights, if you do this the lights will turn off and back on with the ignition position....on my car it has to be moving and raining for the wipers to come on automatically as before you have to turn them on and they run and stop automatically once you have turned them on just forget them if it rains heavily they auto adjust..

venusbluejeans
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Dynamique 1.6

Postby venusbluejeans » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:00 pm

Thank you for that :)

Most appreciative, I will give that a go :-)

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:57 pm

i remember on my 05 dynamique there was a button at the end of the indicator stalk and you pressed this to activate the auto function on the headlights. What the previous member advised is what i use on my 08 and they are on permanently when the engine is running but switch off when the engine is switched off and the door is opened. Auto wipers work by switching to first position (intermitent). If you dont have a users manual these should be available online
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

Return to “Problems / Questions”