Help with lights/alarm issue

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Lizibett
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane DCi

Help with lights/alarm issue

Postby Lizibett » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:30 am

Hi guys. I have a 2006 Megane 1.9DCi. Last night when I parked up the alarm kept going off, this is something it has never done before, I just opened and closed the doors a few times and all was good. Then when I got back in the car to drive home the headlights were not working, just side lights. This may not be connected but, the front passenger side indicator had been not working for a few days, this has happened in the past and suddenly just started working. I am wondering if there is a connection to the two issues. I had just travelled 50 miles in pouring rain last night if that might give any clue,

I am not the best at this kind of thing but always like to have an idea if it is something i can tackle myself before going to the garage. Thanks in advance

filipeT
Currently Drives:: Megane II Estate 1.4 16v

Re: Help with lights/alarm issue

Postby filipeT » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:45 am

I would start by checking the battery, my megane behave strangely when the battery was dying... the alarm would also set off with no apparent reason.

But since the car was under intense rain, I wouldn't discard water messing with the electronics

Lizibett
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane DCi

Re: Help with lights/alarm issue

Postby Lizibett » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:28 pm

Thank you for your reply. I will get the battery checked today.

Return to “Problems / Questions”