Upc fault

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Derekkirwin
Currently Drives:: 2004 megane

Upc fault

Postby Derekkirwin » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:14 pm

Hi guys and girls I’m looking for some info my wipers started playing just over a week ago then a so called technition from the aa came to my car and told me my front wiper motor was goosed then after that the car wouldn’t start,
After inspection I found one of the plugs on the upc was faulty and if I wiggled it I heard a sparking noise and the car would start after investigation I’ve found my upc has water damage got a new one ordered I’m looking to see if it needs coded, and does anyone know if my wiper motor runs from the upc and it might not be my wiper motor that is broken

Thanks in advance

Derek

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: Upc fault

Postby grandadbobby » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:07 pm

Hi,
the interior multiplex module, body control module, which I think you are referring to, everyone calls it something different, does control the wipers. Whether it needs programming or not, I don't know but the supplier should surely know.
I have to say that damp and bad connections sounds like you've found the fault and you may not need a new one.
Do please let us know how it goes.
You should be able to check the wiper motor by disconnecting it and supply live and earth direct from battery, probably a 'how to' on you tube. (see other wipers thread on this page )
That would eliminate the motor at least.
Good luck
Bob.

Return to “Problems / Questions”