rear wheel wobbling

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Cowhey93
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 saloon

rear wheel wobbling

Postby Cowhey93 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:38 pm

hi im new here and need help so i reckon this is the best place for an answer. I have a 2006 megane 2 saloon. yesterday the rear of the car started swaying while driving slow or fast. I jacked the car up today and noticed the wheel wobbling, took the wheel off and the disc is wobbling. i wasnt able to get the axle dust cover off but is it possible that the axle nut has come loose or the bearing is gone? any other suggestions on what it could possibly be is much appreciated. Thanks

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Re: rear wheel wobbling

Postby Phil and Liz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Whats the condition of the rear discs? are they new with good surface, old with a rough braking area ? If new it might be a loose nut but could also be a faulty bearing that has collapsed. Until you get the dust cover off you wont be able to tell. Reason for asking if new discs is that the bearings are part of the disc hub but can be bought separate, also if old its unlikely that the nut has come loose as it will likely have been on for a coouple of years.
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

Return to “Problems / Questions”