Completely lost...

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

KirstyD
Currently Drives:: 2004 1.4 megane

Completely lost...

Postby KirstyD » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:32 pm

Hi folks, newbie here so please be nice.. :oops:

Have got an intermittent fault with my megane since Saturday, as in you try to start the engine and it cuts out, followed by the service light and a steering unlocked message on dash.
The car does start but can take a few attempts and runs fine until you've left it sitting for a while.

Anyway, just had the RAC out purely because I'm expecting twins in 4 weeks and getting paranoid about being stranded.

He's given me some fault codes and I'm having no luck translating them.. also he didn't seem all that bothered about helping me in the first place. He only scanned the car because I begged him to.

Anyway, codes he's given me are,

DTC 92OD
DTC DF002
DTC DF193
DTC DF210
DTC DF241
DTC DF068
DTC DF031
DTC DF027
DTC DF011
DTC DF014
DTC DF005
DTC DF072

It's going to my mechanic but am trying to mentally prepare myself so any help you can give is much appreciated.

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: Completely lost...

Postby grandadbobby » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:00 pm

Hi,
you don't say if it's diesel or petrol, but l had a look on line for these fault codes.
Seems there's ignition trouble and a load of codes relating to airbags/seatbelts system.
The thing is, when something's wrong like this, there will probably be old codes stored from before.
lt needs all the codes clearing, then try to start the engine, when it conks out, read the codes again to see what's going on now.
From what l read l think you've got a faulty injector or wiring/connector, or wet in or around the fuse box. (common problem)
l hope lt's not as bad as you think, hope the garage are fair and l wish you luck.
Bob.
ps l think it's normal to give those messages when it conks out.

KirstyD
Currently Drives:: 2004 1.4 megane

Re: Completely lost...

Postby KirstyD » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:07 pm

Thanks for the reply.. It's a 1.4 petrol btw.

I really hope it's not that bad as aside from standard wear and tear I've had no real trouble with the car.

Return to “Problems / Questions”