Hazard Lights wont turn off

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

nick2005
Currently Drives:: Renault Megan Convertible Express 2005 1.6 16v

Hazard Lights wont turn off

Postby nick2005 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:37 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Nick and I have had a Megan Express convertible 2005 1.6 16v for about 10 months.

A few weeks ago the roof leaked and the inside was very damp and the windows became steamed up, I dried the car out but the following morning the hazard lights kept on flashing sporadically when the car is locked, and it only stops if I turn on the ignition, but as soon as I turn the car off its starts again.

I have taken the car to a garage and had the hazard switch and computer boxes (engine bay and above glove box) checked and re-checked, gone through the car and looked at the sensors and they could not find out how to stop the hazard lights flashing.

Since then I have taken it to two other Renault garages and they still can't find out why this is happening?

As it stands I can't really use the car as the battery will be drained, can anyone shed some light on this problem and give me some advice, it would be really appreciated?

Thank you,

Nick :cry:

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Re: Hazard Lights wont turn off

Postby Phil and Liz » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:11 pm

i had this problem on a dci 1.5 2008, mine did not switch off if engine started, initially they came on intermitent when parked. Then it went to on all time and would not switch off at all. Found mine by removing the alarm unit which was behind the left hand cover in the boot area, means youve no alarm but whod nick one of these ?

Might not be your problem but worth a try
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

nick2005

Postby nick2005 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:25 am

Hi Phil and Liz,

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for your advice.

The hazard lights did stop flashing for a while as the car dried out, unfortunately I was caught in the rain again and the very next morning the hazard lights started flashing again ;/

I will remove the alarm unit today and let you know how it goes.

Thank you again, and if anyone else has a suggestion as to how to tackle this issue I would really appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Nick

nick2005

Postby nick2005 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:32 am

I am still having problems with my hazard lights flashing, I have looking for the alarm module in the boot, unfortunately on a convertible it is different as only the roof servos are on the left panel in the boot and I cant find it :(

Does anyone know where the alarm module would be on a convertible model?

Thank you,

Nick.

nick2005

Postby nick2005 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:36 pm

# months later and my hazard lights are still flashing when the car is turned off :(

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Postby grandadbobby » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi,
don't know if this will help but, read somewhere press the start button 5 times in quick succession ( no clutch or brake pressed ) will disable the alarm when you lock the car.

Also take a look under n/s front arch liner for alarm module, it's there on other model cars.
Good luck and if and when you find it, or come up with an answer, do please let us know. Very little information on this subject.
Bob.

Lordnelson74
Currently Drives:: 2007 megane 1.6 dynamic vvt coupe

Postby Lordnelson74 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:32 am

Hi did you find a fix to this as mine started last night and I cant turn them off, I have disconnected the battery bit constantly flash even when the engine is running and when I turn the engine off still flashing. Also it's a very fast flash not a normal hazard light

niktnicniewie

Postby niktnicniewie » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:49 pm

Hi, did anyone manage to solve the issue with fashing hazard lights? I have the same problem and there`s no one to help me to diagnose the defect.

Return to “Problems / Questions”