Engine turning over but won't start. 2005 1.6 16v VVT

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Apepper
Currently Drives:: Megane II

Engine turning over but won't start. 2005 1.6 16v VVT

Postby Apepper » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:48 am

Hi all,

I took my car to ASDA late on Tuesday and put in 30 litres in, fuel gauge was just into the red with the light on before I topped up. Went into ASDA, picked up a few things and drove straight home (about 10 minutes). Checked the receipt and I did put the right fuel in.

6:00pm yesterday I tried​ to start it, not happening. If I press the start button I can hear fuel ignite during the first couple of seconds but it won't actually start and the starter motor will keep going until it turns itself off.

If I hold the throttle down when trying to start, I can hear/feel it pulsing like it's igniting some of the fuel every cycle.

There are no extra lights or warnings on the dash, other than the oil change reminder which has been on a few days.

I've had the car for two years now and haven't experienced any starting problems with it before, and I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what to check on it before I have to get it towed to a garage.

BrotherPlasterer
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 2005 Renault Megane 2 1.6 VVT Dynamique

Re: Engine turning over but won't start. 2005 1.6 16v VVT

Postby BrotherPlasterer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:35 pm

Bit of a stab in the dark, but disconnect the battery overnight. What do you have to lose, just make sure that you have your radio code.

Seems to be the answer to most renault faults :cry:

Return to “Problems / Questions”