Window jammed

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

alanf
Learner Driver

Window jammed

Postby alanf » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi I hope someone can help, Iv'e got a 54 1.5 dci, the front window has jammed approx 30mm down I suspect the motor is goosed I had a look at it before as its always been temperamental and its not a standard part someone has replaced it with a after market part, what I need to know is how to manually wind up the window, is that possible, until I can get to a srappy.

TIA Alan

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: Window jammed

Postby grandadbobby » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:58 pm

Hi,
first, have ignition on, while holding the switch up, slam the door a few times, just incase it's being temperamental again.
lf no good and you can't manually lift it, you'll need the door card off and if it is the motor gone, disconnect it and hold the glass up with a stick for now.
Can't think of anything else to try, but bet your boots it's just connections.
Good luck
Bob.

alanf
Learner Driver

Postby alanf » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:30 am

Thanks Bobby, Some yrs ago I had a car with an electric sun roof it packed up but there was a hole in the motor for an allen key to manually close the roof, I assume Monsieur Renault is not that sensible.

quaker@eircom.net
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: renault megane 2005 1.5dci automatic

Postby quaker@eircom.net » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:00 pm

Hello..a few years ago I had a similar problem and it turned out the temic unit was faulty.The actual winder motor was ok. I tested the motor by using the + and - leads of a battery charger. I removed the window trim and also removed the temic unit ( can be tricky). The temic unit piggybacks on the actual dc motor so when its removed you will see two pins on the motor where the temic was connected. So get a battery charger and try to connect the leads to these two pins and power it up. If your dc motor is ok ( usually its ok), it will start turning and this can result in the window glass moving. Reverse the leads if the glass is moving the wrong direction. This worked for me to get the window shut ( need to be careful doing this) rgds Maurice

alanf
Learner Driver

Postby alanf » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:26 am

Thanks Maurice, that sounds like the solution that Iv'e been looking for.

shakinthatass
Currently Drives:: megane 2 1.5dci 80

Postby shakinthatass » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:14 pm

Probably got it fixed now, but for other readers, The temic electric module on my drivers window also packed up.

There are a few ways to get the window back up.

1. take off door card - theres a youtube vid for this. Next disconnect the rear of the motor ( 4 screws ) and twist the motor itself, it will move easily, one way is for up - the other way winds down and requires a good few rotations to see any movement, put the motor back together ( easy )

2, borrow the temic module from another window ( rear is easier ) and swap it - to the front to get window up ( beware of a hard to see torq8 T8 screw holding the temic module to the motor ) bit harder then first option.

3, as above, when you find the temic module, take it off the motor and jump the motor. On the temic, youll see theres a pin, and two clips that gives you the idea where the connections are to jump the motor - positive and negative, 12v will do, but according to my multimeter - it only gets 9v? dont suppose 12v will hurt it though.

I replaced my temic module with a mini cube from ebay, not 'THE' mini cube, but a cheaper version of it and it works very well.

All the above is presumptive of your problem being a faulty module! - It could still be a bad motor, or regulator though.

Return to “Problems / Questions”