Stuck open window

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

judysan
Currently Drives:: megane

Stuck open window

Postby judysan » Fri May 26, 2017 1:44 pm

Hi .I am new on here l have a renault megane 57 plate 1.4 engine. My rear window passenger side is stuck open halfway my neighbour can repair it for me as this happened to one of my front Windows and I know it is very common for this to happen however he is away on holiday at the moment can anyone advise how I can get the window up and closed untll he gets back.I have read other posts about taking out the fuse and pressing the deadlock button but that's not worked. Any help would be appreciated . Thank you

quaker@eircom.net
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: renault megane 2005 1.5dci automatic

Re: Stuck open window

Postby quaker@eircom.net » Fri May 26, 2017 10:09 pm

Hello there.....This happened to me on the same window....The control module ( aka the temic unit) was faulty. I am assuming this is the same situation with you. To access this you will need to to take the insides off the door. I managed to remove this temic unit and was left with a bare window motor. I connected a 12 volt power supply to the motor terminals and the window was wound up. The power supply I used was a battery charger and polarity is not important, if it is winding the window down you just reverse the polarity. hope this helps rgds Maurice.

snapdragon

Re: Stuck open window

Postby snapdragon » Sat May 27, 2017 6:22 am

Sometimes removing and reinserting the blade fuses behind the cover on the left of the inside of the glovebox.
It's as though the Temic 'trips out'.
The ignition needs to be off, there are symbols on the fuse cover for what they do and 3 look like windows, just remove them all and put back in the same place and then turn ignition on and try windows. If this works, it usually happens again pretty soon.
Good luck.

Return to “Problems / Questions”