Windows

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Webbo71
Currently Drives:: 08 megane dynamique s 1.9dci

Windows

Postby Webbo71 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:38 pm

Can someone plzz advize changed motor,temic(aftermarket tng) and put new switch on near side front mk2. When I connect switch the window moves down to the bottom or up till it hits top the temic then cuts out?? Changed the master switch on drivers door but just keeps happening. Any advise would be good cheers mark.

BillyWhizz11

Re: Windows

Postby BillyWhizz11 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:46 pm

If you are testing it a few times up and down, maybe 3 or 4 times the temic maybe getting heat from the motor and the thermal cut out kicking in (if it has one, the original modules have this thermal cut out) Or do you mean it just goes up or down without touching the switch ?

Have you set the up and down positions on the new 'module' via the window switch ?

Also some of the replacement Temics don't have the original functionality of stopping when they sense a blocked opening etc.

I have a spare serviced, tested and sealed original module if it's any good to you (£25) or i can give you the number of the person who fixed all 4 of my modules and they work like new.

Cheers

Webbo71
Currently Drives:: 08 megane dynamique s 1.9dci

Postby Webbo71 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:27 am

As soon as I attach the switch the window moves down or up depending on wire posited,until the load sensor(temic) cuts the power, so the temic is doing its job,the motor was a different one from renparts, the switch is new and the master Switch drivers side is new,??does it with the old switch Aswell it's creating a live circuit as soon as it connects???? I'm stumped summat not working

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Postby grandadbobby » Sat May 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Hi,
l'm not an auto electrician but l think the windows are switched by earth.
l would think it's either the temic is faulty or an earth switching wire has bared or trapped and touching the body somewhere.
l think you need to swap a temic to eliminate it.
Good luck
Bob.

quaker@eircom.net
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: renault megane 2005 1.5dci automatic

Postby quaker@eircom.net » Sat May 27, 2017 3:39 pm

I changed a temic before on the rear right hand door. The temic unit has six pins labelled 1-6. The other end of the temic connects to the winder motor.
Pin1 gets a window raise signal ( earth applied). Pin2 gets a window lower signal ( earth applied) Pin3 has full chassis earth. Pin4 has +12volts permanently. Pin5 is spare. Pin6 gets an autoclose signal( when you press the close button on keycard a second time all open windows close (earth applied here)). Pins 3 and 4 are heavy wires and the rest are normal(smaller sized)......rgds Maurice

BillyWhizz11

Postby BillyWhizz11 » Sat May 27, 2017 8:22 pm

It does sound as though there maybe a bare wire making a connection causing the window to open or close on connecting the switch ... it maybe a process of elimination.

Not sure this will help but try setting the window 'postion' memory by holding the relevant window switch (up for closed and then pressed down for open for 10-12 seconds each after the window reaches the fully closed / open position) ... probably won't sort your problem but as i've learned with Meganes, anything is possible.

Return to “Problems / Questions”