Best way to change subframe bushings?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Skicoach
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 diesel 1.9

Best way to change subframe bushings?

Postby Skicoach » Thu May 25, 2017 1:30 pm

Can anyone suggest the best way to go about changing the bushings in the front subframe? Megane 2 Diesel 1.9 2008

It looks like I have to remove it completely and either cut and burn out the bushings if there is no tool available to extract the bushings. I figured it might be just as well to replace the front triangles (wishbones I think they are called) if I'm obliged to take everything apart anyway. My terminology is not 100% because I've been living in France for 25 years and they have weird names for everything. I'll be working utdoors at the side of the road so any advice appreciated...

quaker@eircom.net
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: renault megane 2005 1.5dci automatic

Re: Best way to change subframe bushings?

Postby quaker@eircom.net » Sat May 27, 2017 12:21 pm

hello there...If you wish I could post a few pages from a manual describing how to remove a subframe from a megane2 for years 2002 to 2005. Not sure about the procedure for a 2008 megane2 but it should be roughly similar. If you get to the stage of getting the frame off its recommended to get the old bushes pressed out and the new ones pressed in using a hydraulic press.
rgds Maurice

Return to “Problems / Questions”