Automatic unlock

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ReeFord
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane SL OASIS 16V

Automatic unlock

Postby ReeFord » Mon May 22, 2017 7:40 pm

Hi,

I'm a bit worried about my car.

I've found out that it automatically unlocks when I approach it with the key card. Is this normal? I'm just worried that I'll walk past it, and it'll unlock.

Also, it doesn't seem to 'always' (mostly not) need the card key to start the car. Like, I don't always need to insert it to start the engine. Is this also normal?

Thanks,

Ria.

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Automatic unlock

Postby Stranger » Mon May 22, 2017 7:58 pm

Yours must be fitted with the (I can't remember the official name) super duper remote locking & start option - I had a Dynamique with that.

As long as the key card is within close proximity of the car it will allow you to open the door and, so long as the key card is in the car it will allow you yo start it, you do need to lock the car on leaving it though as it won't auto lock iirc.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

ReeFord

Postby ReeFord » Mon May 22, 2017 9:50 pm

Stranger wrote:Yours must be fitted with the (I can't remember the official name) super duper remote locking & start option - I had a Dynamique with that.

As long as the key card is within close proximity of the car it will allow you to open the door and, so long as the key card is in the car it will allow you yo start it, you do need to lock the car on leaving it though as it won't auto lock iirc.

Thank you for your reply. After googling enough, I soon found out that this is normal. I just need to check my car as I pass it! And don't worry, I will always lock it when leaving my car! :-P
Glad that it shouldn't start if the card key isn't near the car though, although I will test it out to be certain :wink:

I'm a new driver. A lot to get used to!

Thank you again!

ReeFord

Postby ReeFord » Mon May 22, 2017 9:52 pm

Pass it, as in, walk past it, to make sure that I haven't unintentionally unlocked it!

scooper1000
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault megane 1.5 DCi Maxim

Postby scooper1000 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:32 pm

I had the same situation I have the Privledge model with the remote key fob as you say you lock it then check doors only for them to open I took to locking it then going back to car minus the fob just to check it was locked...you have to activate the door locks to open the door it happens automatically when your hand is between door handle and the sensor just behind the door handle do not think walking past the car with the fob opens the doors though.

snapdragon

Postby snapdragon » Thu May 25, 2017 1:10 pm

If it unlocks but you don't open a door or boot within (IIR 30 secs) it will lock back up.

Return to “Problems / Questions”