Replacement Front seats Megane CC

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

TILTNTURN
Currently Drives:: RENAULT MEGANE MK11 2009 CC Dynamic S 1.6vvt .
Audi TT 225 Quattro .

Replacement Front seats Megane CC

Postby TILTNTURN » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:36 pm

Hi there .
I have a 2004 1.6 CC which I want to replace the 2 front seats . Will pretty much any front seat from the Megane 11 range fit including the multiplug for the bags etc . The seats are just basic , no heating . Would seats from a scenic fit >? Thanks in advance .
Last edited by TILTNTURN on Fri May 05, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TILTNTURN
Currently Drives:: RENAULT MEGANE MK11 2009 CC Dynamic S 1.6vvt .
Audi TT 225 Quattro .

Re: Replacement Front seats Megane CC

Postby TILTNTURN » Fri May 05, 2017 9:10 pm

Nobody ? Seriously ?

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: Replacement Front seats Megane CC

Postby ChrisM » Fri May 05, 2017 11:11 pm

Been here with a driver front seat. Secnic seat don't fit they don't tilt I was sold a cc seat but it didn't look like mine I think it was a hatch 3 door seat it fitted OK but put an airbag light on mmmmm.
On further investigation it had a broken side airbag wire so I changed the covers instead.
You have to make sure its a tilt seat and has antisubmarine airbags as they are standard fit in a cc but quite a few hatches have them as well
When you swap them remember to firstly remove key from car, use a screwdriver to activate the door lock so you can leave it open then leave car ten mins to go to sleep if you don't push the door catch with the driver it won't sleep.
You can now go back to it you will notice interior light doesn't come on but to be fair the door won't close anyway you can now remove seat but whilst you are in and out don't use the door handle otherwise you will open the door latch and wake car up also keep key away from car especially if it's hands free you can remove and install your seat until hearts content using this method as the car stays sleep until you pull the outer handle.
Its easy enough to do, on the side of the door you can see the latch you put a small screwdriver into the u shaped latch and push it towards the outside of the car you will feel it click once the door now thinks its closed as the latch has been activated and that's it do not plip it with card just leave it either open or pushed to it won't close fully it can't. If you pull the outer handle like you are opening door you will hear the latch pop to the open position at this stage vehicle wakes up as it thinks you are getting in it which us not good if you are changing seats.
So once you have pushed latch over don't touch outer handle until you have completed the job.

Return to “Problems / Questions”