Weird window problem

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

craigf79
Currently Drives:: 2007 Renault Megane CC Dynaique

Weird window problem

Postby craigf79 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:47 am

So I've had my CC nearly a year. When I bought the car I was advised by the garage the only problem was the passenger rear window was different to the rest.

Looking at the buttons on the drivers window switch panel, press down on the button the window should go up.
Lift the switch the switch the window should go down.

Every other window bar the rear passenger window does opposite to this (tell the window to go down, it goes up)
Now the switches on the doors all work normally. Bar the Rear passenger window. :nut

Any ideas guys?

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megan dynamique estate 1.9dci

Re: Weird window problem

Postby grandadbobby » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:16 am

Hi.
from your post l can't tell which switch is the different one, but you need to get the faulty one out and have a look at it.
l suspect that it may have been looked at before and someone has connected the wires wrong.
lf it's a wrong switch, you should be able to swop the wires over, or cut and reconnect so it works properly.
lf you don't feel able to investigate that, l think it would be an easy job for an auto electrician and shouldn't cost much.
Bob.

craigf79

Postby craigf79 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:52 am

Thanks for the reply, i'll try to simplify it:

Drivers window panel:
Front passenger, and front driver: Pushing switch should lower windows, it raises them. and vice versa
Rear driver: Pushing switch should lower window, it raises them. and vice versa
Rear passenger Pushing switch lowers window correctly.

Door switches
Front Passenger: lowers correctly.
Front driver: Pushing switch should lower window, it raises them. and vice versa
Rear passenger: Pushing switch should lower window, it raises them. and vice versa
Rear Driver: Lowers correctly.

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver

Postby grandadbobby » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi,
what year is this car, it would be helpful to see what the switches look like.
Cheers
Bob.

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver

Postby grandadbobby » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:53 pm

Hi,
can see from your info it's 2007 and l take it that the one touch system still works. (one touch and it goes all the way up or down).
First thing is that with these complicated electronics, there's just a chance that one of the modules on a window motor is affected by water ingress and could affect the system. To check those, means removing the door cards, not a 5 min job.

l have had a look on line and this is quite common on lots of different makes.
lt seems to be the temic module at the window motor, as usual is the culprit.
lt strikes me though that all your windows are somehow affected one way or another and that is unusual.
lf you want to have a go at this, l would get a temic module off ebay and fit it to the drivers window motor.
They are relatively cheap and the window will only move while button pressed, but you could see what the result is.
lf that fixed that one and the others remain the same, you could try another one.
Otherwise, you need a reasonable auto electrician, specially if they've fixed this problem before.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Bob.

craigf79

Postby craigf79 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Thanks for the reply Bob.

The drivers one is a cube temic replacement (at the time I needed a quick/dirty fix for the failed module) so I'm not too worried about that. The passenger rear looks like it is an original TEMIC.

AFAIK the rear driver, and Front passenger are also original TEMIC.

I've read that front TEMIC modules don't work with the rear, do you know what happens? Do they just not work, or do they do what I am experiencing and do what they want?

Thanks

grandadbobby
Advanced Driver

Postby grandadbobby » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:41 pm

Hi,
as l understood it, when l did a temic on my driver window, it should bypass the interior multiplex module. Mine acts normal on the switch, so somehow the polarity at your driver motor seems to have switched. Maybe swopping the wires over would work on that one.

l have never tried a front module on a rear window, l guess you would have to compare them and see if the part numbers matched.

What's perplexing with yours is the front and rear switches are sending the windows in different directions. ln my view that points to either the lnterior multiplex module, or a fault in the loom where two wires have rubbed together where the loom comes through the pillar to door. This would be worth checking and wouldn't cost anything.
The multiplex modules can be repaired, l had one done on ebay £30 for a Clio a couple of years ago.

On threads l found on this problem, most cases were just one window and their problem was when they locked the car, three windows would go up and one down, nightmare. At least you don't have that lot.

Yours is a complex case on the face of it and l don't know what else to suggest but please let us know if you find a satisfactory solution.
There are probably lots of people would like to hear the outcome.

Good luck
Bob.

Return to “Problems / Questions”