Starter Motor?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Tesskoh
Currently Drives:: Megane 2

Starter Motor?

Postby Tesskoh » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:44 am

Hi,

So went to my 07 Megane II this am and it won't fire up. The lights come on, and it tries to turn over but instead of starting, there is a quick clicking noise in quick succession.

My instincts are either damp somewhere (as the car is now showing its age) or the starter motor in need of a swift knock with a lump hammer (and then changing if the DIY solution does not work).

Having look for the start motor i'm stuck, managed ot get a workshop manual but it was in Spanish - and my Espanol extends to 'Dos Cervevas por favor'.

Anyone got a link to where the start motor is / manual that is usable?

Thanks in advance.

T

craigyt
Just Passed

Re: Starter Motor?

Postby craigyt » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:37 pm

On the 1.9 dci it is round the back under the turbo down pipe. Are you sure its not just the battery that has failed to hold charge and not enough cranking power to turn the starter motor?

Tesskoh
Currently Drives:: Megane 2

Postby Tesskoh » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:51 pm

Thanks for the info CraigyT.

This is the 1.6 Petrol, not sure if it makes a diff? I'm going to go over the battery and swap it out tonight, hopefully this resolves it. If not i'll bee hitting the start motor with the lump hammer....once i find the bloody thing :-)

T

ElCid
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 VVT Estate 2006

Postby ElCid » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:22 pm

Return to “Problems / Questions”