Megawows, trunk and wiper - Rage LOL

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

theclueless1
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II Dynamique 1.5dCi 106bhp

Megawows, trunk and wiper - Rage LOL

Postby theclueless1 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:22 pm

Sup guys, how yall doin? :-)
Well it seems my megane is getting touchy with a couple things.. maybe you guys could give me your insights on this because is driving me completely nuts LOL :-(

1) A couple days ago was driving to work, as usual, and it was raining. Had my front and rear wipers on. And here is were all havoc starts, first my rear wiper stopped and didn't work anymore. Dead. Move the end of the stalk and get NOTHING. I kid you not, the damn thing comes on ONLY with the rear demister and IF the rear wiper stalk is on OFF position. It stops in its tracks whenever i turn it on LOL :conf Damn :hm :hm Electrical bug?? Short?? Wtf

2) I wished it was all LOL boy... was i in for something. Now my boot doesn't open when i press the switch. Dead. LOL :conf then i click and open the rear window hatch..close it again and then the goddamn trunk opens. The strange thing is, everytime i have to open my trunk i have to repeat this process, and EVERY time it opens my wiper goes a couple centimiters up, i mean, if you repeat this process enough times you can get the wiper to do a complete wipe. No pun intended. :eek

Gremlins?? Shorts?? My brain is getting shorted too, tried pulling the fuses and got nothing different (/Rant). :banghead

Edit: Megane II Grandtour 1.5 dci 105bhp

craigyt
Just Passed

Re: Megawows, trunk and wiper - Rage LOL

Postby craigyt » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:31 pm

On mine the wires in the rubber boot at the top left of the boot lid had all split, a bit ove movement and it would work again, your could have started splitting and letting a bit of water in

ElCid
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 VVT Estate 2006

Postby ElCid » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:33 pm

""by craigyt - On mine the wires in the rubber boot at the top left of the boot lid had all split.""

Could you see it was split, or did you have to cut the rubber shield first?

craigyt
Just Passed

Postby craigyt » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:55 pm

No, pull the rubber out either end to reveal the wires then pull each wire to see if its broken,

ElCid
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 VVT Estate 2006

Postby ElCid » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:22 pm

I checked the tailgate wires, all seemed ok, I was baffled. Checked again and I have found a broken wire, hope there is just one.
I will try and keep the fixed wire inside the rubber shield. Thanks

Return to “Problems / Questions”