ABS and service light lit after MOT work.

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

q292u
Global moderator
Currently Drives:: 2003 Clio. The Megane died.
2001 Audi A2 1.4 SE

ABS and service light lit after MOT work.

Postby q292u » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:25 pm

Had a front ball joint replaced, and rear brakes fixed (binding). Drove down road a bit, got abs and service light on. Bloody place closed before I could get back .
Any ideas on what they have cocked-up?

Stevie67
Just Passed

Re: ABS and service light lit after MOT work.

Postby Stevie67 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:19 am

They have damaged or left unplugged an ABS sensor at one or more of the wheels that they were working on, or...
To fix the brakes, did they replace the discs, if so have they fitted ones with the ABS ring, they come with and without, I discovered this myself just last week, when I gave my local motor factors my reg number and they supplied the wrong discs. The discs fit and work perfectly, but if the ABS ring isn't there the ABS light will come on after about 100 yards of driving.

q292u
Global moderator
Currently Drives:: 2003 Clio. The Megane died.
2001 Audi A2 1.4 SE

Postby q292u » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:46 pm

Stevie67 wrote:They have damaged or left unplugged an ABS sensor at one or more of the wheels that they were working on, or...
To fix the brakes, did they replace the discs, if so have they fitted ones with the ABS ring, they come with and without, I discovered this myself just last week, when I gave my local motor factors my reg number and they supplied the wrong discs. The discs fit and work perfectly, but if the ABS ring isn't there the ABS light will come on after about 100 yards of driving.

Spot on Stevie!
They had knocked the ABS plug at the front offside when they did the balljoint. Sorted.

Stevie67
Just Passed

Postby Stevie67 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:07 pm

Good to hear that you got it fixed, thanks for letting us know.

Return to “Problems / Questions”