Boot wont open (Resolved)

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

minipaul
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.5DCI Dynamique 2004

Boot wont open (Resolved)

Postby minipaul » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:26 pm

Hi all, megane 2004 i have a problem with the boot not opening, used to work then stopped all of a sudden. Press the buttom and nothing happens not even a sound please help or point me in the right direction to fault finding thank you

cliopapa172
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: megane privilege

Re: Boot wont open

Postby cliopapa172 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:57 am

I have this issue on a regular basis. Water gets in the switch unit. Mine eventually fell apart so was stuck with a car that wouldn't lock and as the sensor detects the boot is open it wouldn't start either! It's fiddly, but I had to take the switch out and re build it. It's been fine since, but you have to work out how all the copper conductors go in for it to operate properly which can be a challenge! Good luck

minipaul

Postby minipaul » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:16 pm

Thanks for the reply, do you mean the black button that has to be pressed to open the boot???

Kewals

Postby Kewals » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:17 pm

Hi,
The black tailgate open button can be one element, or some wire could snap in the wiring loom that supply tailgate, it is inside rubber snake at the junction of the car body/tailgate. If you will find broken wire / wires I had 7), they will need to be joined. Last time mechanic took £30 to do it as I was in a rush, but they broke again so now I put new wires with connections away from the snake so there are no tepair connections where the wires are bending so this repair should last longer.

PeterPearce
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.9 dci 06

Postby PeterPearce » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Mine doses this so got a new black button from eBay sorted now

minipaul

Postby minipaul » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:08 am

It was the catch on the boot all fixed now :)

KevinD
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.9 dCi Dynamique Estate

Re: Boot wont open (Resolved)

Postby KevinD » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:01 pm

When the tailgate on my Megane wouldn't open, I discovered that it was broken wires in the flexible hose near the hinges joining the tailgate to the body of the car. I soldered-in new wires to join the ends together with the solder joints in the tailgate and the car body to protect them from the movement of the tailgate opening and closing.

Return to “Problems / Questions”