Dash board warning lights

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Nasha
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2 CC, 2004, 1.6

Dash board warning lights

Postby Nasha » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:54 pm

Hi all, I am hoping someone could advise me on a warning light issue that I have. We have a 1.6 petrol Megane CC. The dash board his lit up like a Christmas tree. I have an airbag light on, Engine warning light. When I put the left indicator on the traction control light flashes as well. When I release the hand brake the light stays on but when I put on the seat belt, the Seat belt light and hand brake light go off at the same time. the lights all seem to be doing what they want! I'm thinking of a short circuit? It can't be sensors surely as they have happened all at the same time. Your advice would be appreciated. Thanks

taffyhl
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane II 1.9 dynaique

Re: Dash board warning lights

Postby taffyhl » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:34 am

Search the threads for water in fuse box or PCU - it's a common fault with Meganes, especially if the access holes in the wheel arches are missing their covers. Causing all sorts of random electrical faults.

Nasha
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2 CC, 2004, 1.6

Re: Dash board warning lights

Postby Nasha » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:07 pm

Thanks, I'll take a look. It seems the problems are flooding in now. The rear small window started to motor up after closing the roof and then I heard a snap, the motor still works but the window is now insecure! Yet another job. Why does it happen in the winter and the rain! LOL

Return to “Problems / Questions”