Electric Window failure

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ToeJoe
Currently Drives:: Megane DYNAMIQUE VVT 2008

Electric Window failure

Postby ToeJoe » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:45 am

Hello, I am a new member having bought a 2008 Megane Dynamique VVT 1.6 Petrol Cabriolet a few days ago which has just over thirty-seven thousand miles on the clock. The car drives really well and is very quiet.
I like the way the interior is laid out and the ambiance the glass roof evokes coupled with the fact that there are no pillars between the back windows and the front creating a very scenic environment.
However, on my model three of the four electric windows don't work. I have been told that this is a design fault due to the placement of the window motors in the doors that are themselves susceptible to water ingression.
The question I want to ask is 'has anyone else had this issue? and how did they go about fixing it?'
When I activate the electric window module there is no noise at all, meaning the fault is electrical. I have checked that it is not a fused circuit.
I was told that I could obtain replacement parts rather than replacing the window regulator.
I have found this site offering recalibrated modules or replacement (Temic?) copies.
https://www.renaultwindow.co.uk/renault- ... indow.html
Any advice about the best way to proceed would be much appreciated.

taffyhl
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane II 1.9 dynaique

Re: Electric Window failure

Postby taffyhl » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:35 pm

Its pretty likely to be the Temic controllers which are simple enough to replace. Either search on this site or in Youtube. There are some good videos showing how to remove the door cards and get to the controllers. Will be a little different for cab versions but principle is the same.

Return to “Problems / Questions”