Plz help! No fuel after filter replacement

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Ganescha
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2006

Plz help! No fuel after filter replacement

Postby Ganescha » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:35 pm

changed the fuel filter in my Megane but now the car just doesn't start. After I replaced the filter and put it all together I tried to pump up some fuel but nothing happened. I used the pump in the engine room. I tried at least 10min but nothing. I then tried to crank the engine anyway and see if the fuel pump could get anything forward but still didn't see any fuel in the lines. I tried to fill up the filter with diesel by hand, pumped again but nothing. Filled the filter and had a second person crank the engine and me traing the pump at the same time, but nothing. Cranked the engine and had the bleed screw open but nothing. Please, need the car tomorrow and would be super glad if any one could get me any tips on how to solve this. Thanks

taffyhl
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane II 1.9 dynaique

Re: Plz help! No fuel after filter replacement

Postby taffyhl » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:06 am

You don't say what model car it is, as the process for petrol and diesel may be quite different.

I had exactly the same problem after changing the fuel filter on my 1.9 diesel (2004) and the car wouldn't start. Solution was to remove the outlet pipe from the filter and use the fuel priming bulb until a little fuel came out (using a cup to catch it). Basically had lots of air in the filter and this cleared it out and filled the filter with clean diesel. Started first time after that.

q292u
Global moderator
Currently Drives:: 2003 Clio. The Megane died.
2001 Audi A2 1.4 SE

Re: Plz help! No fuel after filter replacement

Postby q292u » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:30 am

I'm not sure if this applies here, but I've had the situation on a previous car (Micra) where the in-line fuel filter had to be fitted the right way round - it had a little arrow on it.. or no fuel got through.. you can guess how I know this..

Return to “Problems / Questions”