oil change

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

fishermanferg
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault megane 1.6vvt dynamique

oil change

Postby fishermanferg » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:26 pm

I posted before about using ,oil extractors to change oil ,I usually get under the car remove the undertray remove sump plug ,etc ,but as I suffer badly from vertigo lying down and getting up is a no ,no no now ive actually been physically sick getting up and staggering ,so I tried a pela 6000 oil extractor to go down dipstick ,to get the oil out ,when I posted last time I got mixed replies you cannot do it that way ,you will never get the tube down the dipstick hole ,well I tried it today and must say I wont be going back to lying under the megane , ,I did think it will never really get all the oil out ,but once it finished ,and I put the new oil in ,I checked the dip stick ,expecting to see ,some old black oil mixed with the new to my amazement the oil was clear not a drop of old oil in the new oil ,that I could see ,I switched off and let the oil drain back , left it for a few minutes ,dipped it again still the oil was clear ,.I was expecting a wee drop of old oil but I never saw any ,I even put the extractor hose in the oil filter housing ,and it did take a very small drop from there ,the only drawback it did take quite a while ,but that was partly my fault I never let the engine warm up enough ,and forgot to take the oil cap of ,would certainl;y use it again ,I did google some reviews but I got mixed reviews also ,some for some against , some say it wont get the sludge out ,but surely with modern oils the sludge should be minimal ,I certainly never saw any sludge when I strained the old oil to see if any sludge was present ,before I got rid of the old oil never saw any

Return to “Problems / Questions”