Weird Window Problem (NOT the usual Temic problem)

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ikhan
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5 DCi (106)

Weird Window Problem (NOT the usual Temic problem)

Postby ikhan » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:57 pm

I've got a weird window problem on my Megane which I have so far failed to resolve.

The driver's window stopped working suddenly last year, and didn't work for a few months. It suddenly came back to life and had worked fine until a few months ago.

When it stopped working, I took the control module out, sprayed it with wd40 and it worked fine, so I put everything back together. It worked for a day and then died again.

I took it out again and could smell something had burnt. I bought another control module and fitted it. This control module acted weirdly - operating the switch to open the window actually raised the window, and vice versa.

I'm pretty sure these modules are interchangeable (i.e. the front modules could be used on the rear, and left on right), but the guy I bought it off said that maybe its from the wrong side so I tried a few more off him with the same results.

I kept the module anyway as my old one had clearly burnt out, but I then realised that the plug on the wiring loom to the control unit had also burnt a couple of pins, so I replaced the entire loom. This didn't fix the problem, so I changed the switches, but it's still the same.

So, at the moment, the window "works" but the 'UP' / 'DOWN' features are reversed AND without the one-touch feature (i.e. in the same way after the battery is disconnected and the windows need to be reset). Occasionally, the window WILL go up with one touch, but will stop short and needs a further 2 clicks to close fully. It does NOT work on auto-closure either.

What could possibly be causing this? All other windows work fine (although the passenger side did play up for a while after I sprayed wd40 on the old switch but is fine now).

Any advice appreciated as I'm thinking of selling the car on so need to sort this out before putting it up for sale.
Renault Megane 1.5dCi (106)
Lowered 45mm (Spax)
RenaultSport R26 Front & Rear Bumpers, Spoilers, Door Bullets, & Exhaust
6000k HIDs (H7 & H11), LED Side, No Plate, & Interior Lights
18" Inovit Tarmac Alloys (matt black)

Return to “Problems / Questions”