busted speakers?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

pauldegroot
Currently Drives:: Renault megane 1.6 16v 2004 combi

busted speakers?

Postby pauldegroot » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:12 pm

hi since last winter, when i turn my volume above 17 without bass on, it starts to make weird noices. and when i turn the bass upp it starts even on lower volumes. thought i busted my speakers somehow but they still wok on lower volumes,does somebody know what the problem is or are they busted?.

thanks for helping

greeting from sweden. :D

snapdragon

Re: busted speakers?

Postby snapdragon » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:53 pm

Ripped cone or voicecoil scraping?

pauldegroot
Currently Drives:: Renault megane 1.6 16v 2004 combi

Postby pauldegroot » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:18 pm

i dont know really havent figured out how to get the door panels of so i can have a look.

first ithought maybe because of the cold this summer was about -27 degrees but it didnt go away.. :cry:

knoby
Currently Drives:: 2007 Megane estate

Postby knoby » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:05 pm

Almost certainly killed the voice coil. At lower volume the coil will move less so the noise is less apparent. You dont have to take the door card off, you can just remove the speaker grille. Start at the front edge of the door & prise it away, there are 2 or 3 white clips that hold it. At the rear of the grille there is a tongue that slides up behind the door handle, so you will have to slide the grille forward.

Return to “Problems / Questions”