Questions Re: Cruise control, and Door Mirrors.

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

craigf79
Currently Drives:: 2007 Renault Megane CC Dynaique

Questions Re: Cruise control, and Door Mirrors.

Postby craigf79 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:24 pm

Hello n00b CC owner here :rock

I've got a 2007 CC, with cruise control and electric mirrors, both of these don't work;

When starting the car the cc light shows as orange with the other starting lights then goes off.
When pressing the cc/speed limiter button, nothing happens no lights show on the dash no messages.
The clutch switch looks OK, not checked the brake switch yet (I assume there are two as my brake lights work fine).

Where is the fuse for the cc located?

The mirrors also don't work, moving the switch in any direction doesn't cause any noise or movement from the mirrors.
Again where is the fuse located?

There was no manual supplied with the car, and I have checked the fuse box next to the glove box.

Cheers

triumph2.5man
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Mondeo TDCI mk3 2002
Pug 307HDI90 1.6 (family car)
Megane II dynamique 1.5dci 722 engine 2003
Ford Galaxy 115bhp 2002 (family car)
Megane 3 1.5dci 2009 832 engine (family car)

Re: Questions Re: Cruise control, and Door Mirrors.

Postby triumph2.5man » Fri May 20, 2016 9:11 pm

Craig, you do not say which model you have so the following info could be wrong.
Your problems are unlikely to be caused by fuses.
Fuse 5F (7.5amp) could control the CC and speed limiter but if blown, other services would be affected too. The signal from the "under steering wheel controls" as Renault calls them, goes to the ECU which controls this system
Fuse 7B (7.5amp) could control the door mirrors but again, other items would be affected.
Both these fuses are on the UCP (the "switching and protection unit") beneath a cover next to the battery and not easily accessible on a 2007 car. The door mirrors could be broken wires where the doors open. If you can access the UCP try removing all the plugs and putting them back in again. Water ingress can be a problem but by 2007 this well-known problem had largely been eradicated. Access to a wiring diagram would help if you are handy with electronics.
The best of luck...mate.
Mike

craigf79

Postby craigf79 » Sat May 21, 2016 2:52 pm

Hi Mike thanks for the reply.

Just for info the Car is a 2007 Megane CC Dynamique. 1.6 VVT.

I have had the opportunity to do a bit of digging around with fuses in the dashboard, and there is a fuse which is in place for the heated mirrors, this is OK. Which based upon Renault design :nut MIGHT have been the source.

I've tried another switch, which I thought might be the problem :(

I'll have a look under the bonnet tomorrow, but all other devices appear to be working as expected.
Thanks for you help :)

craigf79

Postby craigf79 » Sun May 22, 2016 11:21 pm

OK hopefully a simpler questions for the masses;

Do the window control switches for megane light up at night, passenger and drivers side?
Also does the mirror control switch also light up?

Neither of these are lit.

craigf79

Postby craigf79 » Tue May 31, 2016 11:27 pm

After a computer diagnosis at Renault, turns out a fuse had gone in the engine bay. Now my cruise control, door mirrors and the lighting to the window control panel all works :D

triumph2.5man
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Mondeo TDCI mk3 2002
Pug 307HDI90 1.6 (family car)
Megane II dynamique 1.5dci 722 engine 2003
Ford Galaxy 115bhp 2002 (family car)
Megane 3 1.5dci 2009 832 engine (family car)

Postby triumph2.5man » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:16 pm

Thanks for letting us know Craig - I just wish more members would!
As a matter of interest, what did Monsewer Renault charge you for the privilege of plugging in his pooter?

craigf79

Postby craigf79 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:39 pm

A whole lot of man love.... :shock:

£90 but had it been something a bit more serious that £90 would have been deducted from the bill.

joe12
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane estate 1.5dci 86

Postby joe12 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:43 pm

craigf79 wrote: . . . When starting the car the cc light shows as orange with the other starting lights then goes off.
When pressing the cc/speed limiter button, nothing happens no lights show on the dash no messages.

The mirrors also don't work, moving the switch in any direction doesn't cause any noise or movement from the mirrors.

Cheers

Hi,
I've joined the forum to say thanks for the information in this thread, it helped me find and fix my problem. :-)

I had the exact same problem as craigf79 on a Megane estate 1.5 dci 86, no cruse control or speed limiter symbols appearing on the dash when the button was pressed, the electric mirrors didn't work and the window control switches didn't light up.

Decided to take a look for a blown fuse in the engine fuse box (UPC as I believe it's called), eventually got it out after removing the battery, battery tray, and unplugging all of the connectors to it, what a stupid design putting fuses hidden away like this. There's videos on you tube if anyone needs to see how to do it.

Found a 7.5 Amp fuse blown, all the rest were ok, replaced the blown fuse and put the car back together, started the car to find the cruse control / speed limiter and the the electric mirrors working and the window control switches lighting up, so fixed :-)

The only thing to note (apart from the stupid design of the engine fuse box :x ) was that the ESP warning light was displayed on the dash along with the message "ESP OFF" when the engine was started, pressing the ESP button had no effect, however as soon as the car was driven 10 meters or so the ESP light went out and all back to normal.
Apparently the ESP light coming on is common if the battery has been disconnected.

Thanks again for this thread, I hope my findings help someone else fix their problem.

Cheers.

Lordnelson74
Currently Drives:: 2007 megane 1.6 dynamic vvt coupe

Postby Lordnelson74 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:39 pm

Hi chaps u am a new owner and have the same problem as the above, the fuse you are talking about are they the large ones next to the battery bay that I cant get to ?

Return to “Problems / Questions”