Broken driver's side parcel shelf fold-out wing thingie

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Inimbrium
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault Mégane 1.6 Convertible Manual
1998 Renault Mégane Scenic 1.6 Manual

Broken driver's side parcel shelf fold-out wing thingie

Postby Inimbrium » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:57 pm

Hi

I have a few problems with my newly procured Megane CC, but this is the most annoying :/

Mum borrowed my car to go driving in the countryside with the roof down and when she came back she somehow broke the driver's side parcel shelf fold-out wing thingie...wtf! How do you even do that?

But anyway, firstly, does anyone know the actual name (or part number, etc) of the part? Secondly, where can I get one?? I've tried google and ebay with no luck :( I don't mind second hand either. I dont need the whole part, just the broken frame bit from under the parcel shelf fold out wing thingie. :)

Image Image Image Image Image

Also, the ventilation fan doesn't seem to work on 1,2 or 3. Onlt when I turn the dial to 4 does it blow air. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Rafael

VroomVroomClonk
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.9 DCi CC 2004

Re: Broken driver's side parcel shelf fold-out wing thingie

Postby VroomVroomClonk » Sat May 07, 2016 6:48 am

I've had exactly the same problem on mine. It was caused by the flap getting stuck and failing to rotate out of the way of the roof frame before the frame came over and crushed the plastic flap.

I fixed mine by drilling a small hole in the plastic on each side of each of the breaks and then looping small cable ties through the holes to tie it all back together again. It has been fine now for a couple of years.

deaghlan
Currently Drives:: Megane mk2 also megane mk1 convertibles both cars the rag top and glass roof

Postby deaghlan » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:10 am

I have the same issue I do not know the name although mine is on the passengers side, I do so love these cars I do want to replace this part it is only for looks as one the roof is up it can not be see, I do wish they would have made the car a little longer so we have leg space in the rear also I can not get the head rest to go down on the passenger front seat Oh well I still love my car,

q292u
Global moderator
Currently Drives:: 2003 Clio. The Megane died.
2001 Audi A2 1.4 SE

Postby q292u » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:26 am

The blower fan thing is a common problem.
The resistor matrix has blown, which is why it is only working on one setting (straight through, no resistance).

You can get the part from eBay, but make sure you get the right one. The one for aircon cars is different than the one without, I think.
This is the listed for the CC - I think it's the one I used on my saloon, too..

It's a bit of an arse to fit, as you have to dismantle the lower dash and faff about underneath. The connectors are awkwardly placed. Like most jobs on a Renault!

DO NOT take it to Renault unless you have extra limbs you don't need. They will charge you an arm and/or a leg. A local garage quoted me £75. I did it myself for about a tenner and a couple of sore knuckles.

There are videos on Youtube on how to do it. (I followed one of these).

Having replaced this, I then found that my fan made loads of noise (clicking), so I bought a second-hand one off eBay (£20). Never fitted it as the damned thing shut up on it's own after a while.

Good luck with it! Let us know how it turns out.

Return to “Problems / Questions”