Sunroof sliders

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Danny87
Currently Drives:: Megane II

Sunroof sliders

Postby Danny87 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:25 pm

HI all,

In lots of forums there are many topics about fixing the noise issues of the Renault (Megane) sunroof. Most of the time it can be fixed by changing the slider clips on the rear triangles that support the window, like in the picture below.

These clips are also located on brackets on the frontside of the window. I tried to replaced them also but the problem is that I can't get off the metal brackets that hold the clips. The metal brackets are connected to the guiderails and are driven by some sort of spindles. Did anyone ever managed to get these brackets out of the rail and replace the slider clips? And if so how did you get them out?

Charleekap
Currently Drives:: PH1 Megane (2004)1.9 dci Dymanique

Re: Sunroof sliders

Postby Charleekap » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:31 pm

I replaced mine 2 weeks ago.

Once you unscrew the torx screw you should be able to slide it out with no issues.

Then just out some lithium grease on the tracks and runners with a tooth brush and slide back in

Danny87
Currently Drives:: Megane II

Postby Danny87 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:54 am

I assume you refer to the ones on the backside of the window. These are indeed easy to replace. But my question is how to replace the ones on the frontside of the sunroof (front window side). These are the ones that are connected to the spindlebars that are driven by the window motor.

cliopapa172
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: megane privilege

Postby cliopapa172 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:42 pm

Hi. WOW. Genuine Renault parts! Must have cost a bob or two! I replaced the rubber 'cushions' on my sunroof to stop the leading edge of the sunroof from snagging on the rear section and it worked a treat for that at under a tenner from eBay. As for the generic rattle I'm not sure that replacing the slider arms will make any difference. I took out the torx bolts and packed them with grease and hey presto the rattle went for a while until the grease wore away. I am going to try some heat shrink tubing on the bolts next to see if that is a better cure. The rattle is caused by the fit of the torx bolts in the slider arm holes, metal on metal will rattle. Another bad design from Renault. These should have been coated with a nylon/ teflon to allow movement and stop the rattle, but hey ho! No help, but you are not alone with this issue! Just turn your music up louder or hope for good weather then opening the roof eliminates the rattle!

Return to “Problems / Questions”