Very low pointing headlights

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ad0mas
Currently Drives:: Megane II 2005 1.5DCi 80

Very low pointing headlights

Postby ad0mas » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:50 am

So I have recently fitted my pre-facelift mk2 with OEM peojector headlights and I can't help but notice how low they point. The cutoff point is about 15-20 feet away and it really bugs me off when driving at night.

The adjuster switch to the right of the steering wheel is set to 0 (if set to 2 or 3 I can barely see the light at all), and the manual adjustment screw is at its highest. Still can't come up with an idea why are they pointing so low :/

steve-t
Advanced Driver

Re: Very low pointing headlights

Postby steve-t » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:44 pm

Are the bulb in properly?

ad0mas
Currently Drives:: Megane II 2005 1.5DCi 80

Re: Very low pointing headlights

Postby ad0mas » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:01 am

Sorry for a rather late reply... Yes, they are in properly as far as I have checked. Today as I went to try one thing I found the switch to not work anymore. The headlights are stuck at the highest setting now (which is still quite low). Tomorrow I will check the connectors and will try again. I was going to lower the headlights using the switch, then use the screw to make them higher again and use the switch to further bring them up. Will see if it will work.

Return to “Problems / Questions”