2002 megane cabro cranking but not firing up

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

donnysrx
Currently Drives:: 2002 magane cabro, 2001 megane scenic

2002 megane cabro cranking but not firing up

Postby donnysrx » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:25 pm

Hi everyone,
I've spent over a week on this forum and tried most the solutions, but no joy.

Here is the problem:-

The car will turn over but not start, but once it does it runs fine. It will start first turn for up to an hour or so after. Then it will take a few more turns of the key. In the morning it wont start, maybe a dozen times then it starts and runs fine. I've checked for a spark while cranking and there is none.

I've changed the TDC sensor no difference, I've had the under bonnet fusebox out, looks fine, I've had the connector off the ECU, looks fine. I've checked the fuses by the UCH, all look fine.

I bought a code reader, and found codes df055 and dfo54 for the immobiliser. I cleared them, now it only showing dfo54.

When in live data stream watching the immobiliser before I put the key in it says active, when I put the key in and turn ignition on it says inactive, but it wont start.

My wife has found bashing the dash by the ignition gets it to go sometimes, lol.

So questions:-

Can I assume that the fact the live data says the immob is inactive I can dismiss, ech, uch, fusebox, corroded wiring, ring coil problems ?

So I'm back to the TDC sensor, I've read it can have corroded connections but they look ok.

Any questions welcome please

Don

Return to “Problems / Questions”