Everything electrical....

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

funkyunderpants
Currently Drives:: 2007 Megane 1.5Dci

Everything electrical....

Postby funkyunderpants » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:14 pm

Ok, so renault have had my megane twice now and are asking for more time as they cannot figure out what is wrong with my car. So far it's cost me £350 for them to tell me absolutely nothing. Basically I had a really strong burning smell and a lot of electrical problems, I have no windows (1 is stuck open) no sunroof, no heater/blower, no centre console lights and intermittent stereo. Also today I lost a headlight bulb and notice the connector for that has melted too.

Renault have so far had the car for 4 full days and are saying that all 4 regulators in the windows need replacing and possibly the sunroof too (they haven't had time to look yet). To me this seems a little silly, clearly the fault is not with the individual components as the chance of them all failing of their own accord at the same time is almost impossible. But they want to replace all of these parts at an extortionate cost to me, to then tell me that their is a problem with the wiring somewhere else? Is it just me or does this not seem right?

Sorry if I'm moaning but my rear drivers window has been open for around 6 weeks now and getting a little cold! :sad

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: Everything electrical....

Postby AlexB » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:42 pm

Is it a joke?
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

stuartac

Postby stuartac » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:28 pm

Hi there, I'd suggest you ask them to take a close look at the main wiring loom that feeds into the drivers door, especially the section contained in the black rubber sleeve. There could be a wire or two broken or shorted in there which might cause the symptoms (and the burning smell) you describe.

petepete
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: cc

Postby petepete » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:09 pm

from what you have said..

all those circuits are fused at the passenger side internal fuse box and the first port of call would be to check that and the one live wire that feeds that.

Return to “Problems / Questions”