Radio and time not powering up

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

carlosgee
Currently Drives:: Megane Cabriolet Priv.

Radio and time not powering up

Postby carlosgee » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:36 pm

Hi Guys I have a Renault megane Cab, I have tried to put in a cd player and I have no power going to it. I checked the fuse that's right to the steering wheel and that is fine, I went to Halfords and they suggested another fuse is somewhere that may be the cause. With the ignition on there was power going to the wire, but he said something of now permanent power source so the other fuse is an issue. Also there is no power going to the clock that tells the time temp etc.

Its an absolute nightmare, I am wondering if the same fuse is responsible for the clock not working as well, I have no books with the car. My friend said the second fuse is not obvious. The fuse directly in the main fuse box for the radio is ok, the fuse at the back of the radio is ok, but trying to work out which one is an issue is a pain in the neck. I wonder if I sort out the main dash display if that will rectify it but I don't know which fuse that it is

Return to “Problems / Questions”