Wipers work - front, no water

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

idazuk11
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 Dyminique

Wipers work - front, no water

Postby idazuk11 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:58 pm

Hi,

New to this site so idk if this has already been posted, however recently my wipers have stopped spraying water out of the jets on the front. The back one works perfectly fine, i can hear the motor running and the wiper blades move but no water.

It has a full bottle of water plus screen wash, and ive checked to make sure the jets are clear, sometimes it spits small amounts out but not very often.

I remember on my old corsa the filter was blocked with rubbish and after clearing that the water pumped through but the bottle is in the engine bay so where is the filters??

Idk where to look or start with this, so any advice would be appriciated! Thanks in advance

tanto12
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 2005 megane sport tourer

Re: Wipers work - front, no water

Postby tanto12 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:59 pm

I don't know of any filters for the washers on the megane it is probably a motor fault they are prone to go wrong when mine went it would only spray the front even when you activated rear spray it would only spray the front instead of rear the motor is located behind the bumper on the drivers side you can get one from eBay for less than £10
if at first you don't succeed get a bigger hammer

johnhalford
Currently Drives:: megane espace

Postby johnhalford » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:32 am

Can you tell me how to top up the washer fluid, as I can't find the bottle?, 2005 Megane CC.

tanto12
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 2005 megane sport tourer

Postby tanto12 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:02 pm

the megane washer bottle is usually on the drivers side at the front of engine bay with yellow cap
if at first you don't succeed get a bigger hammer

ikhan
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5 DCi (106)

Postby ikhan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:45 pm

Sounds like the pump. When trying to spray water onto the front screen, you probably get a squirt out of the rear jet as well?

One word of advise though, don't buy the cheap ones off eBay - I would be on my 3rd one now in the space of a year as they last about 3 - 6 months. The pump itself is ok, but the rubber washer that is used to control the flow (front or rear) is cheap quality and distorts, often blocking off the water to the front jets. I wonder if a good quality replacement is available for that. For now, I'm going to buy a used genuine one as the genuine ones are 2 expensive, but at some point I'm going to have to bite the bullet.
Renault Megane 1.5dCi (106)
Lowered 45mm (Spax)
RenaultSport R26 Front & Rear Bumpers, Spoilers, Door Bullets, & Exhaust
6000k HIDs (H7 & H11), LED Side, No Plate, & Interior Lights
18" Inovit Tarmac Alloys (matt black)

Return to “Problems / Questions”