Another window problem, but....

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Maidstoned
Currently Drives:: Megane Break Estate

Another window problem, but....

Postby Maidstoned » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:40 am

Hi there. I recently purchased a 2003 Megane Break estate (€2000...here in Spain 2nd hand cars are extortionate!), last week, to coincide with the first real heavy rains of this year, my window regulator gave up causing the window to drop into the door. Now after reading through this BBS I am aware that this seems to be a recurring and very regular problem, however has anyone else had this happen.....the garage I took it to, fitted a new regulator but the window wouldn't run properly, it kept wanting to turn in the door.

After inspecting the window a small hole was discovered at the top of the glass where a small black piece of plastic was supposed to have been riveteed to the window, in dropping down this had snapped. Apparently this now means a whole new window has to be fitted as Renault do not sell this small plastic fitting.... which is a bit of a shock.

Does anyone on here know if I can buy the little fitting anywhere, or where I could get one? Breaker here are no good as they will only sell the glass and short of wandering around with a hammer and "accidentally" breaking a window I am at a loss.

Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: Another window problem, but....

Postby AlexB » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:05 pm

I don't quite understand what piece of plastic it is, and I don't own a Meg2 any more... However, I have an idea. You seem to have an impression that this piece of plastic can be installed if made available. Did you think about manufacturing this bit, possibly using epoxy resin?.. Just add steel wire or small nails where the strength is required, and use kitchen foil, candle wax, etc., to model it. Do you have a photograph or a sketch of this part?

Can you locate this part at Google Images?
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Megane ... gAodJssEZQ
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

gareyt
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane mk2 1.5dci dynamique
with a non starter Renault Megane mk2 1.5 authentique for fixing

Re: Another window problem, but....

Postby gareyt » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:35 am

I have a megane mk2 2004 and have had the windows out and I can say that there is no plastic at the top. There are two holes in the glass at the bottom where the glass is held in place to the window mechanism.

Have you actually seen what needs to be replaced or are you taking the word of the mechanic.

Return to “Problems / Questions”