Electric Fault - Rear Right Light + Other Problems

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

bigdanmegane
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane MK2 1.6 VVT Dynamique

Electric Fault - Rear Right Light + Other Problems

Postby bigdanmegane » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:28 pm

Hello all,

I'm new here.

I absolutely love the Megane and when I started my driving lessons this January I just had to buy one. I bought one in April to help me pass. A later driver - passed when I was 26!

My Megane is the Renault Megane MK2 1.6 VVT Dynamique Petrol with 61,000 miles (bought at 56,000).

Anyways, the real reason why I'm here.

Problem Number 1:

After driving 500 miles over the past two days, I turn up into my home town and the Electric Fault light comes on. I checked all around my car and noticed that the right rear red light doesn't come on - which is quite frustrating as the reversing light and fog light still works. I am not sure as to why this has happened.

Problem Number 2:

My left rear electric window has stopped going up and down for some unknown reason.

I imagine that both of these problems could be caused by broken fuses? My car recently passed it's MOT (13th September) and apparently the fuses were changed there and then to get all the lights working again.

Any help on what to do and advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan.

Mikeyboy184
Currently Drives:: Megane 57 plate 1.5dci

Re: Electric Fault - Rear Right Light + Other Problems

Postby Mikeyboy184 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:08 pm

Hi,

I can't help you with your rear light problem, but your window problem (after seeking help and advice myself) I can help you with.

If you are pressing the window up or down, and you can't hear any motors moving, it is more than likely the temic module (a little black box that sits on top of the motor), if you search online on how to replace these you will find numerous videos and instructions, they are a pain in the backside but you can do this yourself. I suggest buying a different version of the remix module off eBay, you can pick one up for around £13.

Good luck with the other problem, hope this information helps.

Mikeyboy184
Currently Drives:: Megane 57 plate 1.5dci

Postby Mikeyboy184 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:09 pm

Hi,

I can't help you with your rear light problem, but your window problem (after seeking help and advice myself) I can help you with.

If you are pressing the window up or down, and you can't hear any motors moving, it is more than likely the temic module (a little black box that sits on top of the motor), if you search online on how to replace these you will find numerous videos and instructions, they are a pain in the backside but you can do this yourself. I suggest buying a different version of the remix module off eBay, you can pick one up for around £13.

Good luck with the other problem, hope this information helps.

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Postby morganjake1544 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:56 pm

I suggest buying a different version of the remix module off eBay

Alternatively you could get the original module repaired. Many members, including myself, have used this bloke...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-MEGANE-SCENIC-CC-COUPE-WINDOW-TEMIC-MOTOR-MODULE-REPAIR-/252101650380?hash=item3ab26de7cc

....and been impressed with the service. Some of the cheap non-standard modules off Ebay do not have full functionality such as one-touch or anti-pinch features.

:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

gareyt
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane mk2 1.5dci dynamique
with a non starter Renault Megane mk2 1.5 authentique for fixing

Postby gareyt » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:04 pm

Sorry for this but have you tried replacing the bulb, this is the week link and the most common light fault.

Failing that it could be (excuse my technical knowledge) the thing the bulb is attached to. From memory its like a board with circuits to each bulb. replace mine for £10 and hey presto my lights were working again.

Your window is more than likely the temic as already mentioned. If you have the money get a auto electrical mechanic to bypass the temic with a straight fit of electrics to motor. You may loose some functions but you should never have any more probs.
Good luck

bigdanmegane
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane MK2 1.6 VVT Dynamique

Postby bigdanmegane » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:05 pm

Thank you all for the replies.

I decided to have a poke around the light fault today and when I took the case off one of the cables had come loose. I stripped it back and put it back in place and hey presto the bulb started to work again and no more electrical fault light on the dashboard!

As for the window - I'll let you all know in the coming weeks when I get time to fix it. I'll follow your advice and hope for the best.

Return to “Problems / Questions”