I think I have knackered the ECU......

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Adiedee
Currently Drives:: Vauxhall Zafira, Renault Megane 1.5dci Dynamique (2004) Diesel

I think I have knackered the ECU......

Postby Adiedee » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:22 pm

Ok I own a 2004 1.5 DCI.

I am in the process of trying to get the car up to MOT standard. I have been trying to keep the battery topped up with a mixture of running the car and charging the battery from the house. Due to a house move I positioned the car the other way around, and had to "jump start" is. following the instructions on the Jump leads I was using a different part of the car on one of the leads. But this was not giving enough power to start it. So on a few occasions I put the lead directly on to the battery terminal. The last time I did this all of the electrics "blew" and there is no indication of any electrical power in the car. The car is currently at my parents house waiting to be towed to my new place where I have the room etc to work on it.
The car had a new battery put on it earlier this year as the car had been stood non running for over 12 months.

Have I knackered the ECU or could it be something simpler?

Another Query. I do not have the tool that unlocks the wheel trim so I can change the wheels etc. How do I fix that?

Thanks.
If you woke up breathing this morning today is a Wonderful day!
Vote UKIP.
Birmingham City, Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics GO GO GO!

gareyt
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane mk2 1.5dci dynamique
with a non starter Renault Megane mk2 1.5 authentique for fixing

Re: I think I have knackered the ECU......

Postby gareyt » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:24 pm

I would have thought that you blew the big fuse on the red positive lead. I think its there to protect the electrics from that kind of thing. Check or replace this then trickle feed your battery. Really you should remove the battery and trickle feed from your home. Good luck.

Return to “Problems / Questions”