Problems with my Megane :(

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

daveycowell
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Sport 225

Problems with my Megane :(

Postby daveycowell » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:35 am

Hi guys,

Thanks for any advice in advance!

I have a Megane Sport 225, 54 plate. 90,000 miles on the clock but I have changed/upgraded nearly everything on the car apart from the chassis.

I have had a really long and annoying problem with my motor that my mechanic can't seem to fix... the car ever so slightly veers to the left. It always has done and so far I have not found a remedy. It's still very much drivable I just thought I would try my luck with you guru's! If I let go of the steering wheel it will ever so slightly turn to the left and pull itself over, on some stretches of motorway I can completely let go on a long bend and it will get me round it perfectly, but it's still annoying!

My second problem is a more recent one and a lot more of a worry for me; the car while accelerating shudders lightly, I can feel it in the car and also mainly through the gas pedal, this is only while acceleration is happening and while sat in 6th gear cruising along it's not heard of at all. It only mainly comes if I accelerate hard above 4k+ revs. Could it be coil packs/spark plugs? I in my limited knowledge thought it could be them as I guessed the engine is missfiring?

Thank you so much any replies will be muchly appreciated :)

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Re: Problems with my Megane :(

Postby freelanderuk » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:23 pm

Any signs of it been in an accident
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

daveycowell
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Sport 225

Postby daveycowell » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:26 pm

No, no accident at all; thanks :)

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:35 pm

Is the steering wheel straight when driving on a straight line? If not, then adjust the steering rods.

Check the suspension geometry by the optical method (a naked eye and on flat ground).
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Problems / Questions”