How to push a window up manually?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Mikeyboy184
Currently Drives:: Megane 57 plate 1.5dci

How to push a window up manually?

Postby Mikeyboy184 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:56 pm

2 questions really, one: a widow I 'fixed' is now permanently stuck down..... Is there anyway to get the window back up? Preferably before night time :(.

2: I replaced the temic module from my working megane, to this one, it worked for a couple of try's but has now died and is stuck down. Can this be coincidence, has the new module actually died too, or is there something else I am missing?

Any replies soon will be greatly appreciated! Thank you,
Mike.

Mikeyboy184

Re: How to push a window up manually?

Postby Mikeyboy184 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:46 pm

Right, so I have taken the door panel off again ( to see if there is any kind of rust on the connectors) there doesn't seem to be any problem in that sense, I give them a little clean, put the electrics back together, and presto, worked again, I got the window back up. I decided to push my luck and press down on the window........ Nothing happened! Broke again? What is actually going on with this window! It's really frustrating me now :(

noelo
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: megane sports tourer

Postby noelo » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:43 pm

Hi
Your problem lies within the black socket
Which plugs into the themic module.
The spade connectors inside have corroded or are oxidised. If you are handy with a soldering
Iron you can put a thin layer of solder on each
Side of each spade on the themic module to
Give them a better bite when they are pluged
Back in.

Mikeyboy184

Postby Mikeyboy184 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:26 pm

Thank you for the reply! To be honest I am new to fixing my own car problems (got sick of paying hyped up mechanic bills) so unfortunately I won't be able to do this next fix by the sound of things. I have ordered a new (apparently better) temic module specifically designed to replace the old ones?. Do you think this may solve the problem? Or have you got any other suggestions to fix my window?

Again, thank you for the reply.

gareyt
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane mk2 1.5dci dynamique
with a non starter Renault Megane mk2 1.5 authentique for fixing

Postby gareyt » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:44 am

I did the same, swapped a working temic from one car to another and now my window works but when I press up it goes down and when I press down it goes up. Im just thankful its working. Ive had enough window problems on these cars. Sometimes I wish they were just manual.

Return to “Problems / Questions”