Swapping disks and window issues

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Mikeyboy184
Currently Drives:: Megane 57 plate 1.5dci

Swapping disks and window issues

Postby Mikeyboy184 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:35 pm

Hi Guys/gals,

For all my sins I bloody love meganes, against everyone's advice and after all of the issues I had with my 53 plate I went out and bought another one...... It's only a 57 plate but still.

Soooooooo, my 53 plate car died on the weekend after months of suffering she finally packed in (injection faults, boot doesn't work, damage to rear wheel arch so on) so I decided to buy this 57, but 3 of the windows don't work (more fool me for not testing them before buying it), so I am going to replace the motors by taking them off my old Megane and putting them on my new one, unless there are any other solutions I should try before ripping out the interior of the doors? Open to suggestions!

My other question is, can I take the disks off my old Megane and put them on my new Megane?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all, Mike.

tanto12
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 2005 megane sport tourer

Re: Swapping disks and window issues

Postby tanto12 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:19 am

hello
the most likely cause of the window problem is the temic module on the window motors you could try swapping them from your old car to the new one and test the windows it may save you having to change the entire motor assembly as for the disks try typing the reg of both cars into euro car parts and see if the part numbers and dimensions of the disks for each car are the same if so you can probably swap them
if at first you don't succeed get a bigger hammer

Mikeyboy184

Postby Mikeyboy184 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:14 am

Hi tanto,

Thank you for the advice. Could you tell me what I am looking for with regards to the temic module? It this under the window switch? Or do I need to take off the inner door panel?

I will check the euro parts website now thanks.

taffyhl
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane II 1.9 dynaique

Postby taffyhl » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:46 pm

You still need to take the door card off to reach the temic module.

This video is pretty good explanation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcdULQXKcek

Mikeyboy184

Postby Mikeyboy184 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:15 pm

Thank you for the video link! I have taken one of these doors off before and in my opinion, are an absolute nightmare to take apart and put back together. Should I take the door off? Or should I just swap the module whilst it's attached to the car?

Mikeyboy184

Postby Mikeyboy184 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:08 pm

It was the temic module Tanto! Thanks for the advice..... Now I need to buy 2 new ones for my rear windows.....

Could anybody give me a heads up what tools I need to swap the brakes over? (Asking for a lot I know, but I only have basic tools so I need to invest in some).

Getting into this repairing my own car larch

gareyt
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane mk2 1.5dci dynamique
with a non starter Renault Megane mk2 1.5 authentique for fixing

Postby gareyt » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:56 am

First get a Haynes manual.

Its definitely easy enough to do but having the tools for the job is a must. If you don't have a torque wrench already then its unlikely that you will have any of the other things you will need. So I hope your idea of basic tools includes a selection of sockets.

Goodluck.

Return to “Problems / Questions”