ABS AND SERVICE LIGHT STUCK ON

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

leapope
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane

ABS AND SERVICE LIGHT STUCK ON

Postby leapope » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:13 am

Renault Megane 2003 1.9DCI ( ABS sensor stuck on )
Any one had this problem before it's driving me crazy! I've changed the two front abs sensors, recently got my discs changed and they also have the abs ring built in so they can't be the wrong way round and it's still on any one know anything about this problem

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Re: ABS AND SERVICE LIGHT STUCK ON

Postby freelanderuk » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:26 am

Have you tried resetting the error code
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

leapope
Passed Theory

Postby leapope » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:45 am

Yes I have tried with the diagnostic machine and also tried to get rid of the service light but it's still on from where the abs light is on

veilsidedan
Currently Drives:: Nissan Skyline R33 - Veilside MR-S - Renault megane 1.4

Postby veilsidedan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:16 pm

its highly likely that this is a problem with the wires under the passenger seat, happens very often indeed on the clio sports. wiggle the wires around or unplug them and clean them and plug back in and it should go away.

rememeber to disconnect the battery for 30 mins before hand just as a precaution though when messing with airbags

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:31 am

veilsidedan wrote:its highly likely that this is a problem with the wires under the passenger seat, happens very often indeed on the clio sports. wiggle the wires around or unplug them and clean them and plug back in and it should go away.

rememeber to disconnect the battery for 30 mins before hand just as a precaution though when messing with airbags

The OP is not talking about the airbag light - it's the ABS light plus "Service"...
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:37 am

leapope wrote:Renault Megane 2003 1.9DCI ( ABS sensor stuck on )
Any one had this problem before it's driving me crazy! I've changed the two front abs sensors, recently got my discs changed and they also have the abs ring built in so they can't be the wrong way round and it's still on any one know anything about this problem

Did this happened after the sensors job or the hub job?

The front discs do not have the ABS rings on them. Are you talking about the rear discs?
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

veilsidedan
Currently Drives:: Nissan Skyline R33 - Veilside MR-S - Renault megane 1.4

Postby veilsidedan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:58 am

AlexB wrote:
veilsidedan wrote:its highly likely that this is a problem with the wires under the passenger seat, happens very often indeed on the clio sports. wiggle the wires around or unplug them and clean them and plug back in and it should go away.

The OP is not talking about the airbag light - it's the ABS light plus "Service"...

whoops, totally didnt read that properly, my bad

leapope
Passed Theory

Postby leapope » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:08 pm

the front abs wire sensors was replaced,
I also changed the rear hubs/discs with the abs rings and bearings built in,

The light was on when I brought the car, and have changed the sensors and abs rings like I said and nothing has happened,

So could the wires under the seat be why? I have 225 leather seats the person before me put them in and the plugs are not plugged in? But surely that can't be anything to do with the abs sensor? It's driving me crazy I honestly don't know what else to try does any one know if there are the abs wire sensors on the back? :banghead

Return to “Problems / Questions”